No experience? No problem

If you are considering starting your own travel business but lack knowledge of the industry, it can be hard to know where to start

That’s where our Travel Academy comes in

Our 24-month training and onboarding programme is designed specifically for people who want to run their own travel business, but have no previous experience selling travel

Helen Parker: My Academy Journey

What training and support is available to help you launch and build your brand new travel business? Find out from Helen.

Welcome to the Academy

Our 2-year Travel Academy is tailored exactly to the needs of people who are new to travel.

It is accredited by the Institute of Travel and Tourism and all of our Business Development Coaches have achieved the ILM Level 5 Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring.

17% of all our franchisees globally joined us through the Academy, so you’ll be following in the footsteps of plenty before you and you’ll have the years of travel experience of the remaining 83% of franchisees to call upon.

Our Academy Travel Counsellors have joined us from a whole range of backgrounds, including retail, finance, charity, public sector roles like teaching, the police force and the NHS.

What will I learn?

The two weeks you’ll spend at our Head Office in Manchester cover the basics of travel, making the most of our systems and tools, marketing your business, product and destination knowledge and most importantly; how to put a holiday together and sell!

Then follows 30 weeks of interactive, guided study for you to do at home as well a two follow-up trainings at Head Office.

You’ll cover travel legislation, the procedural knowledge you need to operate on a day to day basis, and of course start building your knowledge of worldwide destinations, airlines, cruise lines and more.

Our Travel Academy will teach you not just to be a travel agent, but how to be a tour operator; tailor-making the perfect holiday from scratch. If you don't know the difference between a travel agent and a tour operator, find out here.

Crucially, acting as a tour operator gives Travel Counsellors control over the booking, instead of it being in the hands of a third party, and it future-proofs your business. Over 50% of all bookings are made via our own tour operation. But, thanks to their 'clean slate' of travel knowledge and the training they receive, Academy TCs act as the tour operator on 61% of their bookings.

Is all my training classroom-based?

The short answer is no! The best way to learn travel is to experience it for yourself.

Lack of previous experience is by no means a barrier to becoming a great Travel Counsellor.

‘Gold’ is the name we give to our top-selling Travel Counsellors, a number of whom joined us through our Travel Academy, and now reap the rewards such as our annual Gold Weekends.

On average, our Gold Academy Travel Counsellors take home £52,000 pa.

If that seems a long way off, remember that these people joined us with no experience either. They embraced everything we have to offer to achieve their goals, and you can do the same.

Got a question?

Don't dwell on it, get in touch and we'll be happy to help.

Get in touch