57% of UK travellers planned to prioritise sustainable travel this year which is a 21% increase from 2021 (Boutique Hotelier, 2022). These statistics show that travellers are making conscious sustainable choices. It is important we make an effort to support and encourage this positive change to encourage sustainable travel experiences now and for the future.
What are we doing?
- To help you sell more sustainable travel, we are labelling properties with our Green Leaf, which have been verified as having sustainability standards that are recognised by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council. Properties can be filtered in Phenix, our in-house booking system, so you can search for sustainable properties as a criteria. To learn more about Phenix click here.
- We are promoting responsible travel, social media assets, top tips for customers, and our dedicated microsite.
- We have introduced a responsible travel training module for all Travel Counsellors, followed by a subsequent quarterly training plan tailored to corporate and leisure Travel Counsellors.
- We have a carbon calculation, reporting and offsetting service available for customers and clients.
- We won ‘Large Sustainability Champion of the Year’ at the 2023 Travel Weekly Agent Achievement Awards.
Our sustainability goals
- Halved per person emissions based on internal operations by 2023
- Reduce carbon at a customer level